Subject: Re: AlphaStation 255 trouble
To: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
From: Geoff Adams <gadams@avernus.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/13/2004 17:49:49
On 13 Jan 2004, at 2:59 PM, Anders Hogrelius wrote:

> I guess you want a program called mkboot.exe, which will run on a PC
> under
> DOS/Windows. You can download it from:
>
> ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/utilities/
>
> It's the DOS equivalent to mkbootfirm.

Indeed! This has seemingly created a floppy image for me. I won't know
for another couple hours (when I am back where the machine is) whether
it actually works, but I'm hopeful. (Although it doesn't seem right to
have to resort to DOS to fix an Alpha.)

Thanks very much for the several suggestions I've received!

- Geoff