Subject: Re: Machine-language reference sought
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/09/2004 03:27:48
> How about the "Alpha Architecture Reference Manual" and the "Alpha
> Architecture Handbook"?

Sounds splendid.  Thank you very much for the pointers.

> PDFs (yeah, I know -- use gv to read them :-)

Actually, it's rather hard to read them that on-screen, partly because
of the bad resolution but more because it's impossible to page around
(in ghostscript, at least - I don't know gv; it may have such
capability).  However, for this sort of thing I tend to prefer paper
anyway, so I just have ghostscript convert them to postscript and throw
them at my printer.

> Get them while they are still there -- these sites might disappear in
> Februrary when other Compaq web sites are scheduled to "retire".

I'm saving copies of everything that looks even remotely interesting.

Thanks again!

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign