Subject: Re: XFree86 4.3 + 1.6ZF
To: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Arto Huusko <armihu@utu.fi>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/01/2003 02:40:20
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 kpneal@pobox.com wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 01:45:24PM +0200, Arto Huusko wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to get XFree86 4.3.0 from caseydoodle.com going, but
> > it's not exactly working. I have AlphaStation 500/266 with
> > Matrox Millenium. Note that X did work with this configuration
> > earlier on 1.6T with XFree 4.2.?.
>
> Yeah, it doesn't work in an AlphaStation 200 4/233 running a 1.6
> kernel either. I haven't tried XFree < 4.3.0.

I just today compiled 4.2.1, from caseydoodle.com, and it is
also a no go.

I wonder what exactly is the problem, because 1.6T + 4.2.1 and
the same video card did work just a few weeks ago.

Either T -> ZF is to blame, or - this is a stretch - the fact
that the PCI config has changed slightly: different NIC and
an new IDE card. Or... new GCC produces bad code.