Subject: Re: Undefined PLT symbol "strlen" (reloc type = 26, symnum = 360)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/19/2003 21:21:44
On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 04:42:54PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

=> On Nov 19, 2003, at 12:43 PM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
=>
=> >I am looking at PR #22315.
=> >http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=22315
=> >
=> >It says pine has the following error when opening large emails:
=> >
=> > pine: Undefined PLT symbol "strlen" (reloc type = 26, symnum = 360)
=>
=> I'm almost positive that this has been fixed in -current.

Just to add a data point...

I used to get this error, which I posted about back in 2000.  (See
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2000/03/15/0000.html)

I no longer get that error anymore, so I'm guessing Jason is correct
here and it's fixed now in -CURRENT.  I can't say I know when it went
away because I pretty much switched to using mutt because of it, and
only occasionally use pine these days.  But, I was using pine pretty
heavily under NetBSD/alpha 1.6ZE-CURRENT last week and never once had
that problem.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu