Subject: Re: XFree86 on alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/16/2003 16:59:58
On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 10:38:27AM +0100, Torsten Harenberg wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> as we're discussing this:
>
> does anybody run (or try to run) XFree86 from xsrc on alpha? And if yes:
> with which card?

AS500/500, 1.6ZE, XFree from caseydoodle.com:

vga0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: Matrox MGA Millennium 2064W ("Storm") (rev. 0x01)
wsdisplay0 at vga0 kbdmux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation

> And, when you end X, video does not come back.

At least with my setup everything works just fine. virtual consoles
work (haven't tried xdm), I can even watch DivX-movies with mplayer,
but I'm not picky :-). This is my main workstation at home and
getting XFree to work was a huge factor in making this machine usable.

Now I'm after glx support just to see quake with some hardware acceleration ;)

--
jht