Subject: Re: Anyone know what rotary switch does on PMAGD-AA video?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/10/2003 23:05:12
> > I pulled a full-length PCI video card out of my AlphaStation 600 5/266,
>
> It sounds like one of TGA/TGA2 or PV equipped PCI video card.

Correction.  It might be one of  ZLXp-Lx products from DEC.
Strolling google scoped out a rather amusing tip. (A bit surprise for me)

http://www.wave-report.com/1997%20Wave%20issues/wave726.html

This report mentions a company named Dynamic Pictures, Inc.

> ... more about Dynamic Pictures. The company heritage extends to DEC
> when its principals led a team to develop the DEC PixelStamp 3D graphics
> processor in 1991. In 1993 the company was formed and continued to
> develop the ZLX technology. Its first generation technology as Dynamic
> Pictures was the V192 based 3D accelerator card which was sold to DEC,
> NEC and NeTpower.
> In 1996 the second-generation card based on the Oxygen series was
> introduced. ...

It's significant to see the three company names there.  DEC wanted it for
Alpha NT graphics workstation.  NeTpower; it's a company founded
by ex-MIPS Computer engineers who intended to continue MIPS NT
products.  NEC led MIPS NT development inherited from
Packard-Bell.

As I kept a distance from high-end PCI graphic market I did not know
about the company was bought by 3DLabs in 1998.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology