Subject: Re: Monitor adapter?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/16/2003 11:11:44
On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 07:57:24PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about what sort of compatability there may
> be?  If adapter devices are needed, can they be passive (eg, a splitter
> to send green to both green and sync) or need they be active (level
> shifter, sync extracter and conditioner, whatever)?

Last I looked at that sort of stuff - the video signal was a positive
voltage and the sync was a negative one, mixing the green+sync was a
matter of a simple or of the two signals.  I believe that extracting
the sync is a matter of putting a diode around the right way.... in
fact, I _believe_ that feeding the green signal into both G and sync
probably won't hurt.

--
Brett Lymn