Subject: Re: Lockup on current-ish system
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/30/2003 20:57:25
On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 03:47:16AM -0500, Dave Huang wrote:
> I upgraded my PC164 system from 1.6.1 to current as of September 17,
> and it hung on the 23rd and the 28th. When it's hung, it's still
> responsive to pings, but hitting Enter on the console doesn't bring up
> a login prompt or echo blank lines. However, Ctrl-Alt-Esc still breaks

I figured it might lock up again while I was out of town, so I
switched it to serial console (yay for serial console :) in case I
needed to reboot it remotely. And sure enough, it locked up... here's
another stack trace. upsd was the current process again, and the trace
looks very similar to the one from last time:

cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4
comintr() at netbsd:comintr+0x160
alpha_shared_intr_dispatch() at netbsd:alpha_shared_intr_dispatch+0x6c
sio_iointr() at netbsd:sio_iointr+0x68
interrupt() at netbsd:interrupt+0x274
XentInt() at netbsd:XentInt+0x1c
--- interrupt (from ipl 0) ---
pmap_emulate_reference() at netbsd:pmap_emulate_reference+0x14c
trap() at netbsd:trap+0x238
XentMM() at netbsd:XentMM+0x20
--- memory management fault ---
memcpy() at netbsd:memcpy+0x19c
copyout() at netbsd:copyout+0x4c
sys_select() at netbsd:sys_select+0x4a4
syscall_plain() at netbsd:syscall_plain+0x138
XentSys() at netbsd:XentSys+0x5c
--- syscall (93) ---
--- user mode ---