Subject: Multia CD Boot Failure
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: J. Alexander Jacocks <jjacocks@mac.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/18/2003 02:18:39
I am new to NetBSD on alphas, so please bear with me.

I have a DEC Multia 166 96/340, with a Sony 24x external cdrom,
jumpered to 512 byte blocks.  I have downloaded and burned the 1.6.1
alpha iso, and it seems to start booting fine.

However, after the screen resets, I get something like the following on
the screen (repeatedly, and almost impossible to read due to the speed):

DMA IRA: bus fault dma fifo empty, DSP=0x1e0 DSA=0x25f37290: siop0:
current DSA...

And the rest is unreadable.  I have googled, and only come up with a
reference to NetBSD 1.5, with the solution being an upgrade to (then)
-current.

Any ideas?  I wish I could provide more detail, but the system isn't
installed yet.

Thanks!