Subject: Re: Alpha PC64 hardware question...
To: None <dwoyciesjes@comcast.net>
From: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/29/2003 10:21:42
David Woyciesjes writes:

> 	Quick one here. I have one of those EB64/PC64 motherboards, but only a
> 200MHz CPU for it. Problem is, the board is set up for a 266MHz CPU. Has
> anybody overclocked a 200MHz CPU to 266 in one of these? With
> appropriate fans for good cooling, of course.

266MHz?  That's odd...I thought these were usually 275MHz.

> 	Also, these boards can run off of a regular AT style power supply,
> correct?

My understanding is that the only reason you need the power supply with the
special additional connector is if you are using 3.3v PCI cards and that it
will work fine with a regular AT power supply.  I actually have one of the
special supplies, so I've never tried it m'self.

Ken