Subject: Ultra2 controller for AlphaStation 600 5/266
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/12/2003 21:43:42
--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

Okay, I have received some conflicting information. One person told me that
an LSI LSIU160 (53c1010) card will work in my AlphaStation 600 5/266 and be
bootable from SRM, another told me that it will not. Now, I do not
specifically need Ultra160. What I need is a pci (32 or 64 bit, it doesn't
make too much difference to me) Ultra2/lvd controller, as the drive I am us=
ing
in that machine is an Ultra2/lvd, and I would like to be able to run it at
full speed. I need the controller to be bootable from SRM. The date on the
SRM in the AS600 I have is 1999. Are there any controllers known to work in
such a machine, be bootable, and run at ultra2?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I am broke, so I will be
getting whatever card I get with money from my family, so I'd like to get
the right one on the first try :)

Thanks,
-Sean

--=20