Subject: Re: gnome2 success
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/19/2003 11:37:34
On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:14:27PM -0400, Michael G. Schabert wrote:

> Heheh, if you hit swap on that machine, I s'pose I shouldn't install
> it on my AS200 4/166 with 88MB RAM...I actually do have gnome1 on it,
> but of course there's no nautilus with that, so I usually use
> filerunner or xnc -plugin aqua (but those don't give me a "desktop").

It might be a bit tight with that amount of memory :-) Otherwise the
installation went without a hitch (well, fc-cache dumped core but the
non-stripped version did not. Weird)

Incidentally, I really stress-tested "make replace" whilst doing the
installation. I was once burned badly by doing "make update" in graphics/jpg
(or similar) but "make replace" worked just fine for me.

It looks sweet and nautilus isn't half bad either.

--
jht