Subject: Re: isacfg commands for wavelan
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: John A. Dundas III <dundas@caltech.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/09/2003 12:53:10
Well I guess I answered my own questions.  I didn't need to modify the
isacfg at all!  Adding the lines

options PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE=0x300
options PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE=0x0ff

to the kernel config, as Mel pointed out, and rebuilding, seems to have
done it.  So I now get something like:

wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
wi0: port 0x300-0x33fpcmcia0: card irq 10
 802.11 address 00:60:1d:f0:14:28
wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (6.4.1)

I will upgrade the firmware later today, but things seem to be working
correctly.

Now another question.  I would like to make the wireless available at boot
through /etc/rc.conf.  I added the line:

ifconfig_wi0="nwid John's\ net"

to the file, but the escaped space seems to cause problems.  Is there a way
around this, or should I be using /etc/ifconfig.wi0 instead?

Thanks,

John

At 12:07 PM -0700 6/7/03, <dundas@caltech.edu> wrote:
>I am trying to configure a WaveLAN ISA card (with PCMCIA adapter) in to an
>AS200.  I am using the generic 1.6.1 kernel so far.  I imagine I need to
>configure
>the ISA card using something like:
>
>isacfg -mk -slot 1 -dev 0 -enadev 1 -etyp ? -handle WAVELAN -irq 10 -dmamode
>?
>
>Is this correct?  [So far I'm getting the dreaded 'cannot determine mac
>address'
>message.]
>
>What is the correct value for -etyp?
>
>What is the correct value for -dmamode?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>John

John A. Dundas III
Director, Information Technology Services Infrastructure, Caltech
Mail Code: 014-81, Pasadena, CA  91125-8100
Phone: 626.395.3392 FAX: 626.449.6973
<mailto:dundas@caltech.edu>