Subject: Re: Color + /bin/sh-bootup
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Florian_St=F6hr?= <ich@florian-stoehr.de>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/19/2003 16:46:23
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Florian_St=F6hr?= wrote:

>hi,
>
>i have an axppci133, running NetBSD/alpha (well, sure!) 1.6
>
>when booting, system shows "enter path for shell or ENTER for /bin/sh".
>why? in /etc/rc.conf, I have rc_configured=YES.

Alphas by default boot into single user mode.  To stop this you
need to boot with the a flag:

>>> boot -flags 'a'

You can set this flag in the default with something similar to

c.f. http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/faq.html#multiuser-boot

>and another one (perhaps interesting also for other ports):
>the system uses a blue background. i want black background. i know i can
>set this with an ANSI sequence (so i got lightgreen text on i386 once).
>
>but is there an easier way to do this?

There's a couple of kernel options that you can set when building
the kernel which will determine this, I think, but can't remember
them off the top of my head.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/