Subject: Working Jensen?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Gary Duzan <gary@duzan.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/19/2003 07:47:04
   I have an old DECpc AXP 150 that I've been trying on and off to
get working with NetBSD without success, and I was wondering if
anyone else has had better luck recently. Right now the main problem
is that the install kernel panics when it hits the lpt driver. A
while back I tried it with an install kernel with no lpt driver, but
it gets the wrong interrupt for the SCSI controller and hangs when
trying to access the disk. This leads me to believe that the EISA
config handling is somehow broken. I've upgraded the firmware and
tried a variety of configurations via the ECU, but nothing seems to
help. OSF/1 is installed and seems to be working fine.

   Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

					Gary Duzan