Subject: Re: KLH10 Compile question and an answer!! Success!
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/10/2003 16:03:39
> Nonsense.  I seem to recall that identifiers that end in _t are
> reserved for the system in ISO C,

Furrfu.  It's getting to the point where it's difficult to find
identifiers that _aren't_ reserved.

> I.e. it's KLH10 that is buggy for defining its own vaddr_t and
> paddr_t types.  Instead, it should choose another name, like
> "klh10_vaddr" and "klh10_paddr".

...until some genius of a language committee decides *addr should be
reserved too, at which point it will magically become buggy again?

No, I think it's the spec that's buggy here.  Especially when they
preempt something as widespread and useful as _t.

_[A-Z]*, __*, E*, *_t, probably a bunch more I've never heard of...how
is the poor application author supposed to know?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign