Subject: Re: KLH10 Compile question and an answer!! Success!
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: bob smith <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/10/2003 15:19:03
Thanks Jason,
I had this itch to change the refs and make it something like you
describe but...I did not want to change the work that Ken did BUT I am
thrilled I have a clean compile, and am building the tops20 sys with TCP
as I type.

I have worked with FreeBSD - cause the Xwindows support seemed so easy,
might have been me.  Debian - casue of the CCC capability, Redhat cause
it came with a couple of alphas I picked up and because of the SELinux
capabilities.  but I seem to have this bent towards NetBSD.  Just seems
natural to me.  Considering that I jump from PC to Vax to Alpha as I
play with things, I like the transparance.  Now, to have a version of
the 10 that runs cleanly on all three environments is great!!

I will tweak the sources with your suggestion and see what it does for me.
thanks
bob