Subject: mclpool limit reached -- again...
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/10/2003 19:45:23
I asked this question a while back, but didn't really
find out the answer. This time there's more info though.

Last night my server crashed, or so it seemed. It was impossible
to log in. FTP didn't work, neither did ssh. The only thing that
seemed to work was the nameserver. When i went to fix it at the
server room. i found out that the log was littered with messages
like this.

May  9 17:28:54 hogrelius /netbsd: WARNING: mclpool limit reached;
increase NMBCLUSTERS

Is it possible that this is caused by some kind of DoS attack? I haven't
seen anything like this in the log before, even though the network usually
is heavily loaded. Should i consider upgrading to NetBSD 1.6?

The server is a 500 MHz PC164 with plenty of RAM, running NetBSD 1.5.2.

cheers,
Anders H