Subject: Re: AHA-2740 EISA and ecu
To: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/23/2003 00:07:40
On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:41:23PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:56:37PM +0300, Jarkko Teppo wrote:
>>
> An OVL is a binary file. Guess what: unless specifically for a card
> supported on Alpha that would be an Intel binary :-(
>
> 2740 was never a supported option on Alpha.
>
> Only 1740A was, on the Jensen/Culzean machines.
>
> You are probably stuck..

Damn! Well, I'll just throw the card to storage to wait for the
486 machine of my dreams(TM).

Does the 1740A work anywhere else than on the Jensen/Culzean ?

> > Before I start spamming more heavily (card state dumps :-) should the ecu
> > configuration go smoothly before I tackle NetBSD ?
>
> Yes, IRQ assignment is done by the ECU.

And here I was thinking that EISA would be a lot closer to PCI than
it actually is. Oh well, I'll continue looking for some supported EISA
cards then, like cac(4). I have an EISA itch.

> > Help out an EISA newbie :-)
>
> Heck.. reminds me of my first job: designing an EISA dual channel SCSI HBA
>
> :)

Heh :-) and thanks!

--
jht