Subject: Re: newbie help with 1.6 on AS200 4/233
To: None <micahhiggs@yahoo.com>
From: bob smith <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/21/2003 21:30:32
Micah wrote:
> I am new to netbsd. I just got this alpha from my brother in law. I only
> have *nix expericence with slackware linux on x86 and darwin on mac.
> The unit is an alphastation 200 4/233 SRM 7.01, 48mb ram, and four half
> gig scsi drives.
>
> I just installed net bsd 1.6 from the iso image I downloaded. I did a
> complete defalt install with x-windows. But now when I poke around I
> can't find xf86config. I also am having a hard time getting the wscons
> driver working. Is there a faq that is more detailed on installing on
> alpha than the one that comes with 1.6?
>
> thanks!!!,
> Micah

check out the netbsd home page, under docs
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/
and dig thru those, there is no easy short cut, but there is a whole
bunch of info there.
As far as the ISO, I did not get the server tar file as part of the iso.
  I had to go back and get thet....so you might have to do the sema.

If you go thru the mail archives, use the NetBSD home page or google,
and look for netbsd xf86config, you might be surprised!

I hope this helps.
bob