Subject: Re: Alpha vr Monitor
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/16/2003 00:21:03
"Michael G. Schabert" wrote:

>Hi Roland,
>I have the ZLXp-E2 (PBXGA-BA) in my AS200 which is 32 bit, and my
>settings are different than yours, both in the manual and practice.
>My manual lists setting 4 as 1152x900 @ 66, and setting 15 as
><reserved>. My empirical data suggests that setting 4 is as the
>manual states, and setting 15 is another 1280x1024 (didn't pay
>attention to refresh). As I have a nice big monitor, I would love to
>be able to use 1600x1200 but it doesn't look possible with my
>hardware.
>
>(setting 4)
>tga0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: DC21030 step C, board type T32-08
>tga0: 1152 x 900, 32bpp, Bt463 RAMDAC
>tga0: interrupting at isa irq 10

Hmmm, well, I got the settings from some TGA2 documentation so it's
possible that they changed between the two revs.  In that case,
only the PowerStorm 4d20 can do 1600x1200 out of all the cards that
the tga(4) driver drives.  I have not played much with my ZLXp-E2
I have to admit.

tga0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0: TGA2 pass 2, board type PS4d20
tga0: 1600 x 1200, 32bpp, IBM561 RAMDAC
tga0: interrupting at dec 550 irq 8
wsdisplay0 at tga0 (kbdmux ignored): console (std, vt100 emulation)

:-)

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/