Subject: Re: Memory for 164SX
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Ntarmos <ntarmos@ceid.upatras.gr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/04/2003 14:47:18
Hi there.

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 02:59:47PM +0200, Anders Hogrelius wrote:
> Anyone who has a good source? I've tried to get two DIMM's, but the type
> that's used in the 164SX and 164LX (CAS Latency 1) seems to be made of
> unobtainium. None of the makers that are mentioned in the documentation
> that came with the motherboard has suitable memory to sell anymore.
>
> I've tried looking on Ebay for quite some time now, but i've never seen
> anyone selling memory that fits. Anyone on the list who has any spares?

I bought 2x256Mb DIMMs for my SX a long time ago (circa '98-'99). I just
went out to the first PC store I could find and got me two 133MHz
unbuffered registered SDRAM DIMMs, i.e. I said the shopkeeper to "give
me two 256 DIMMs please". Naturaly, they were no-name non-ECC DIMMs, but
I have never had a problem with them. Maybe I'm a lucky bastard or
something :) I can check for part numbers etc. if you wish, but I
probably won't find anything. Why don't you just try following the same
method? Keep in mind that SXs take DIMMs in couples.

Bye,
Nick.

--
 Nick "Noth" Ntarmos     | <ntarmos at ceid dot upatras dot gr>
 NetCINS Lab. @ C.E.I.D. | [http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~ntarmos/]