Subject: Re: XP1000 heating...
To: Christian von Kleist <cvk@zybx.com>
From: Pat Wendorf <mlist@beholder.homeunix.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/02/2003 01:00:45
I'm not sure if Alpha has always been this way.  I've dubbed my AxpPCI-33
(166Mhz cpu) the "Mini-tower Space Heater".  I can warm my sorta-large
computer room up with it.  It also seems to draw a bit more power than my
Duron 750... which can also heat a room.  My board did come without a fan,
but I strapped one on from fear of melting the board.  The specs say they can
go up to 85 C before it kills iteself.  <shudder>

- Pat