Subject: Anyone got a PXG Turbo working with TCWSCONS?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/15/2003 22:40:13
After building a kernel for my 164LX, I noticed there were options in
the config to recognise the PMAG-F(A) TurboChannel graphics boards, so
I've just set about building a TCWSCONS kernel for my 3000/600 with what
I believe is a fully-populated PMAG-FA/PXG Turbo fitted, from stock 1.6
sources.

Kernel has compiled fine, and on rebooting with a monitor attached, I'm
treated to some trippy colour effects, and a blinking cursor in the
bottom left and not much else.

Resorting to a serial console again, I get the following as soon as the
boot hits the PXG Turbo:

scsibus1 at asc1: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
pxg0 at tc0 slot 4 offset 0x0
unexpected machine check:

    mces    = 0x1
    vector  = 0x660
    param   = 0xfffffc0000108060
    pc      = 0xfffffc000043c57c
    ra      = 0xfffffc000043c49c
    code    = 0x100000015
    curproc = 0xfffffc00004c94d0
        pid = 0, comm = swapper

panic: machine check
Stopped in pid 0 (swapper) at   cpu_Debugger+0x4:       ret     zero,(ra)
db>

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone built and running with one of these?

Cheers

Matt