Subject: NetBSD problem on DEC 3000/300LX
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@gentoo.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/13/2003 22:14:41

Hi,

I recently got a hold of an old DECstation 3000/300LX, and decided to=20
install NetBSd on it as soon as I discovered Linux wouldn't boot on it. The=
=20
thing is, I haven't got a monitor or keyboard for it, so I'm trying to=20
install it via a serial console. Here's what happens (starts in SRM, output=
=20
via serial console):

=2D -------8<--------

>>> boot dka400

INIT-S-CPU...

INIT-S-ASIC...

INIT-S-MEM...

INIT-S-NVR...

INIT-S-CXT...

INIT-S-SCC...

INIT-S-NI...

INIT-S-SCSI...

INIT-S-ISDN...

AUDIT_BOOT_STARTS ...

AUDIT_CHECKSUM_GOOD

AUDIT_LOAD_BEGINS

AUDIT_LOAD_DONE

NetBSD/alpha 1.6 ISO 9660 Primary Bootstrap

Jumping to entry point...

NetBSD/alpha 1.6 Secondary Bootstrap, Revision 1.13

(autobuild@cs20.apochromatic.org, Sun Sep  8 11:54:59 UTC 2002)

VMS PAL rev: 0x100010538

OSF PAL rev: 0x2012d

Switch to OSF PAL code succeeded.

Boot flags: A

That's it, nothing more happens. There is some disk activity after this,=20
which may indicate that it does actually boot, but it doesn't use the=20
serial console. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

=2D --=20
Joachim Blaabjerg