Subject: Re: strange keyboard behavior with X 4.3.0
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/12/2003 13:31:57
Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 12:12:31PM -0800, David Hopper wrote:
>
>>Interesting.  I have the same system/card as you and I use this (in-tree
>>code):
>> [...]
>>Section "InputDevice"
>>
>>    Identifier          "Keyboard1"
>>    Driver              "Keyboard"
>>    Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
>>    Option "XkbRules"   "xfree86"
>>    Option "XkbModel"   "compaq"
>>    Option "XkbLayout"  "us"
>>
>>EndSection
>
> Thanks. This is almost what I have (model is pc101 instead of compaq
> in my case, but it's he only difference).
> Hum, I suspect it's because WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL and WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD
> are not in the kernel config. I'll add these and try again tomorow.

I've got:

options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD
options		XSERVER  # Though it's unclear whether this is necessary

wskbd*          at      pckbd? mux 1
wsmouse*        at      pms? mux 0

pseudo-device	wsmux	2

I believe the wsmux stuff is obsolete these days, but I've just left it in.
  Plus I'm running through a KVM switcher, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Best of luck,
Dave