Subject: Re: Netbooting a Multia
To: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
From: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/12/2003 22:03:41
Wilko Bulte wrote:
> It includes a really recent Multia/NoName SRM that I found on some
> odd server. Worked fine for my Multias (I no longer have them so I cannot
> check the version).

Seems to be Version 4.5-780. I tried 4.5-819 about a year before but
didn't have much success with it. I read somewhere that this version
is suitable for Digital UNIX (uh.. not sure about this) only and
for nothing else. I could netboot with this versions but had lots
of crashes later. The version I currently use is 3.8-3. I had to
hardcode
the multia's MAC address into netboot but then it worked fine. Other
people
report that 3.8-3 is no good and 3.8-2 is preferred but possibly this
may
vary from multia to multia?

Werner