Subject: Re: Weird message in syslog
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/11/2003 23:37:33
On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> This is not limited to samba, it's memory for network buffers.
> Maybe you had a high network activity ?

Could very well be. It might be caused by some hacker who got pissed off
when he tripped portsentry and got banned from access to my box.
Would something like this occur if packet filter is discarding packets
from someone who's trying to flood my box with junk traffic?

--
cheers,

/Anders

You speak of courage.  Obviously you do not know the difference between
courage and foolhardiness.  Always it is the brave ones who die, the
soldiers.
		-- Kor, the Klingon Commander, "Errand of Mercy",
		   stardate 3201.7

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 (0)70 6770210
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN