Subject: Re: Problems with 164LX firmware conversion
To: Jolan Luff <jolan@cryptonomicon.org>
From: Michael Smith <smithm@netapps.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/24/2003 10:50:40
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:14:27 -0600
Jolan Luff <jolan@cryptonomicon.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 07:58:04PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > It looks like the flashrom that holds the SRM console firmware does not
> > received the correct voltage levels to be able to be erased and
> > programmed. This voltage comes from the power supply, not from a battery.
>
> I moved the box to its own socket (rather than the overloaded
> powerstrip), and removed all PCI cards and disconnected all drives
> except for the floppy.  This didn't help the issue any.  Do you have
> any recommendations aside from moving all the hardware into another
> case with a bigger/better power supply?

You could use a multimeter to check the levels on the power rails. I don't know exactly what to expect but if you see something like 10.5 volts you could assume that you are looking at a faulty 12V rail.

Perhaps the power supply is on the way out.
=-=-=
Michael Smith
Network Applications
www.netapps.com.au   | +61 (0) 416 062 898
Web Hosting          | Internet Services