Subject: 164LX won't power up...
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/23/2003 21:30:32
Hi guys, I'm having trouble getting my 164LX to power up.

My box has a 400 watt PS. I assume this is a normal ATX power
supply, correct? It does have a small cable coming out of the PS
that appears to loop back somehow (I didn't unhook it from itself
so I'm not 100% sure).

We were hit with large power droops today because it was windy. Generally
when this machine is hit with power sags it shuts off and has to be
manually turned back on. Today I can't get it back on. Power cycles
don't work. Unplugging it for a few minutes and then plugging it in
doesn't work. Leaving the power switch on, unplugging, waiting,
turning the switch off, and then plugging it in doesn't work.

Jiggling the power cord doesn't help.

I do not have another ATX power supply to try.

Is there anything special to the 164LX? Might there be a fuse in
the power supply (I'm a little hesitant to take the PS apart since
it does have capacitors that might be nasty)?

Man, does it suck to be stuck with Netscape 4. Mozilla just isn't
going to happen on my 233 MHz AS-200.

Thanks for any help.

   "I like being on the Daily Show." - Kermit the Frog, Feb 13 2001