Subject: Vdieo display on 250 -4/2xx
To: alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: bob smith <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/20/2003 22:22:32
I am running netbsd 1.6, generic kernel  from the release in the cd
image (iso),
box is a 250 4/2xx, 128MB, two 1 Gig drives, keyboard, mouse, and the PCXJB
(I think that is what the show config tells me) video card., additional
TLP nic,
20 inch CTX monitor, 12xx by whatever, decent little display.
Power up the box, display comes up, font is not too bad, left side of
the screen.
Not running X.

When the system boots with the generic kernel, it starts on left, and  then
kinda pops into the middle of the screen, same font,, small, large
border on
left and right.

NetBSD works great, hardware works great.  now my dumb question
How can I change the size of the font or the display area?
I would like the font to be a little bigger. would like to use more of
the screen.
I have not set up X with 1.6.  If this is the only way to take advantage
of the
card and crt, that is a good answer, but I will probably be asking more
questions
on how to set up X properly.
thanks in advance for any help!
bob