Subject: Re: Problems with 164LX firmware conversion
To: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
From: Jolan Luff <jolan@cryptonomicon.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/20/2003 15:14:27
On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 07:58:04PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> It looks like the flashrom that holds the SRM console firmware does not
> received the correct voltage levels to be able to be erased and
> programmed. This voltage comes from the power supply, not from a battery.

I moved the box to its own socket (rather than the overloaded
powerstrip), and removed all PCI cards and disconnected all drives
except for the floppy.  This didn't help the issue any.  Do you have
any recommendations aside from moving all the hardware into another
case with a bigger/better power supply?

- jolan