Subject: Re: fxp0: Device timeouts on AlphaServer 400
To: None <frederik@freddym.org, thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: r.o.s.s <ross@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/16/2003 21:24:34
> From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
>
> Hello Jason,
>
> But how could it be that the card is just working fine under OpenVMS?
> That means that there _is_ a way to get this thing right...

Sure, the driver could and should work around this problem.

Here is one cool way to fix it that just occured to me:  the 8255x
chips never require more than 16-bit alignment for any data structure,
so we could intentionally misalign that descriptor, putting each
16-bit field in different 32-bit actual words.

//