Subject: Re: configuring a mylex DAC960
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Magnus B{ckstr|m <b@etek.chalmers.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/13/2003 17:46:15
On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 04:29:36PM +0100, Magnus B{ckstr|m wrote:
> > NBs:
> >   * Volumes can't be made larger than about 32Gbytes (but you can make
> >     several from a set)
>
> You mean system volumes ? The doc says a system volume can be up to 2TB ...

With 3.x firmware yes -- in 2.x system volumes are limited to a limit
close to 32Gbytes.

Your firmware looked like 2.19 from your boot messages; the card I have
was delivered from DEC with 2.10.

Unfortunately it's only possible to upgrade a 2.x version to another
2.x version -- not to 3.x.

> > The DOS configuration utility can fix this.  Download it from the Mylex
> > web site; this is also the place to get a firmware upgrade.
>
> Do I have to run it from a PC, or is the PC emulator of the alpha used for
> video smart enouth to run this ?

Yes, (sorry-- forgot to say before) it runs only under DOS on an i386.

There is supposed to be a "bios-based" config utility, but I've never
been able to activate it -- perhaps it is a 3.x only thing.

best of luck,
Magnus