Subject: configuring a mylex DAC960
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/13/2003 16:16:04
Hi,
I've rescues a alphaserver 2100, which among others has this controller:
mlx0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0: Mylex RAID (v2 interface)
mlx0: interrupting at T2 irq 4
mlx0: DAC960P/PD, 3 channels, firmware 2.19-0-00, 32MB RAM
mlx0: WARNING: this f/w revision is not recommended
mlx0: WARNING: use revision 2.42 or later

Unfortunably all disks have been pulled out, so the mlx0 config is not in sync
with the hardware. From what I can see from a show dev, it was configured
with 6 disks:
dra0.0.0.7.0               DRA0                  1 Member JBOD
dra1.0.0.7.0               DRA1                  1 Member JBOD
dra2.0.0.7.0               DRA2                  1 Member JBOD
dra3.0.0.7.0               DRA3                  1 Member JBOD
dra4.0.0.7.0               DRA4                  1 Member JBOD
dra5.0.0.7.0               DRA5                  1 Member JBOD

At power on, it spends a lot of time looping over:
waiting for dra.0.0.7.0 to start...
is there a way to clear this config, so that it doesn't spend time looking
for its drives ?
It seems mlxctl doesn't allow this.

PS: in case I can find enouth disks to use this controller, is there a way to
upgrade the firmware ?