Subject: Re: ATX I/O shield 164LX alpha
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/07/2003 10:22:27
> supported video cards for XFree86 running on alpha 164LX are:(PCI cards)
> 1)all Matrox cards
> 2)most Nvidia cards includes the Riva TNT2 ->GEForce2 MX4/420-> GeForce4
> MX420
> 3)all glint- pm2, pm3 cards -return to text-a work in progress.
> 4) Savage3D
> 5)tdfx, driver for the gfx-voodoo3/4/5 cards
> 6)Ati Rage 128, radeon cards, through the 7000V/E
> 7)S3virge cards

FYI, I used to have a Accelstar glint card in my 164LX (when I got it it
was running NT).  Although X might be OK on it (haven't tried it), the
firmware didn't like it - it would stop with a '660 machine check' message
when rebooting.  With an ATI Rage card it's fine.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/