Subject: Re: vga and XFree woes
To: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
From: Oleg Gritsinevich <olegg@ukrpack.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/21/2002 14:23:38
On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 02:58:33PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> > 	With ISA-card plugged in? You must have 'vga* at isa?'. Show
> > your dmesg.
> > 	Did you try my patch?
> >
> Unfortunately, your patch doesn't work. It gives the same panic as
> before.
	Hmm, I have no experience with PC164 but this trick helped me to
solve similar problem with AS1000.
	As I understand this patch changed nothing to you: PCI-card
works OK, ISA-card still doesn't with exactly same panic as before.
Right?

> Here's my dmesg (with your patch applied and with a pci video card).
	Can you plug ISA-card back, unplug mouse and keyborad and show
dmesg records related with 'isa', 'vga' and 'ws'-stuff using serial
console?

	Maybe ISA-video requires additional configuring in SRM and
slot with special number on PC164?

> What does consinit: not using prom console mean?
	I saw it in alpha/machdep.c but can't interpret it properly.
--
With best regards, Oleg Gritsinevich