Subject: Re:vga and XFree woes
To: None <arto.huusko@utu.fi, pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz,>
From: mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/18/2002 15:24:35
Hi,
> Thanks for everyone who gave me pointers on running XFree on my
> AlphaStation 500. I'm running 1.6K, and downloaded the XFree 4.2.1
> sources from www.caseydoodle.com, and set up my kernel config
> accordingly. However, there are some glitches.

What problems are you having with XFree86-4.2.1? , Problems you describe
are with 'text'
mode? s3 video card is at best a  'dinosaur' vga card. Do you have
access to a more recent vga PCI card,
perhaps a Matrox 4mb Mill/Mystique etc, or any supported card. See your
/var/log/XFree86.0.log file.
If you need a /etc/XF86Config file or test kernel let me know.
Pavel -run 1.6J,K not _RELEASE kernel i can send a netbsd.tar.gz 1.6K
kernel if you need it.
Best -Mel