Subject: Re: AlphaStation 1000A
To: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/14/2002 15:35:43
On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 12:44:49AM -0500, Paul Mather wrote:

> Because in many ways it is more hassle for me to build and keep up to
> date things I use on Tru64 than on NetBSD
I can understand this. Tried to update fetchmail on my Tru64 machine
lately...

> I use ipfilter.
Firewall != Server.
A IP filter on the actual server machine is good, but there should be
a (hierarchy of) dedicated firewall / IDS / ... machine(s) IMHO.

> I quite like Tru64---particularly AdvFS---but for my purposes, NetBSD
> is a whole lot more suitable.
[...]
> If it makes you feel any better, I still admin a Digital Unix 4.0G
> system running on a DEC 3000/300 here... ;-)
Ahh, OK. You get dispense. ;-)
I just wanted to asure that this isn't just an other case of blindly
ignoring everything unknowen or unusual. The world is full of colors.
Please don't paint everything grey.
Hmmm. I should go and install VMS on one of my VAXen. ;-)
--

tschüß,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz