Subject: Re: AlphaStation 1000A
To: None <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/13/2002 13:28:26
If your machine is getting flaky, and it has a
processor on a separate board (like my 3000/300
machines), sometimes it helps to seat and reseat
the processor boards a few times.  That cures
essentially all my 3000/300 flakiness problems.
It seems to need to be done about once every
couple months.  I dunno if that will help in
your 1000, but on my 3000/300's it is the only
cure that works.  Is there something endemic to
the Alpha processor boards or connectors that
is responsible for such behavior?  Anyone know?

Bob