Subject: Re: SRM Scsi Questions
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/10/2002 19:25:24
--- Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 03:03:22PM -0500, Stefan Edwards wrote:
> > The best I can say is what the seller told me: Adaptect SCSI
> Controller. No
> > Model #.
>
> Hum, this is probably the problem. Try to get some NCR 53c875-based
> adapter,
> like the tekram 390UW. I have 2 of these in my alpha ds20 and SRM is
> happy with it.

Sorry if this may have been mentioned on the list already, but...

For what it's worth, I found a nice chart of SRM capable/incapable SCSI
devices at:

http://moon.hanya-n.org/comp/alpha/hct/scsi.html

Same person is also tracking graphics devices:

http://moon.hanya-n.org/comp/alpha/hct/graphics.html

Both of these could be very useful to the general Alpha population. I
myself am on the prowl for an SRM-recognizeable host adapter for my
AlphaStation 255.

=====
Ed Wensell III
http://www.geocities.com/ewensell3

< ### SYSTEM ERROR - PRESS ALT-F4 TO CONTINUE ### >