Subject: Re: mozilla >0.9?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/04/2002 21:15:34
On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 04:18:50PM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 07:19:58PM -0500, Lord Isildur wrote:
>
>  > its running 1.5.2..
>
> Ok, you'll want to update.  Unfortunately, back-porting all of the
> ld.elf_so improvements back to 1.6 is going to take some effort, so
> you might want to consider installing a -current snapshot.  (You'll
> find your system is significantly faster as a result of the ld.elf_so
> work...)

As a datum, I'm running the -current ld.elf_so from a couple weeks
ago. My system is otherwise vanilla 1.6. This is on three differnet
Alphas.

Man, do Mozilla and Gnumeric run almost snappily now. Duuuude. I mean,
wow. Mozilla is at 1.0 if that matters. I'll get to 1.2.1 this weekend
(he said).

Seen on bottom of IBM part number 1887724:
DO NOT EXPOSE MOUSE PAD TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.