Subject: Re: new 1.6_STABLE snapshot
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/26/2002 08:44:38
> Hi,
> I've build a 1.6_STABLE snapshot, from yesterday sources.
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/snapshot/20021121-1.6_STABLE/
>
> It has been cross-built from a sparc64 host. I just booted the install
> kernel to check that the toolchain wasn't completely braindead, but
> I didn't do any more tests.

Thank you very much! I've installed it yesterday on an AlphaPC 164LX.
I have a problem with init: it is always called with  an argument -s,
causing it to drop in the root shell immediately after boot. I boot
simply by typing boot dka200 , and in the SRM console the variables
booted_flags etc. are not set. Does please anybody know where the -s
flag is coming from?
Thanks	Pavel Cahyna