Subject: Re: Can DS5000 external scsi tc card be used in Alpha 3000 300LX?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/29/2002 23:43:29
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:59:29PM -0500, Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:
> Out of curiosity, can the turbochannel external scsi cards from an old
> pmax decstation 5000/200 crate be used as an external second scsi port
> on the turbochannel alphas of the 3000/300 line?  I have a spare card
> sitting and was needing some more devices hung on the alpha critter.
> Logic would suggest that they might work, OK, but I am not sure, and
> don't want to fry the board or the alpha box.

turbochannel cards are interchangable between alpha, pmax, and vax.  for
the SCSI card on pmax and alpha it should work fine.  PMAD-A ethernet on
alpha has driver problems last I checked, and I don't think NetBSD runs on any
turbochannel vaxen... yet.  :)

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400