Subject: Re: memtest for alpha?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/23/2002 21:04:25
On 2002.10.23 18:15 Paul Mather wrote:

> I use a DEC 3000/500S that uses ECC memory. =20
> One or more of the sticks in there is (or is intermittently)
> bad, but not fatally so.  I get "Warning: received processor
> correctable error" messages in my console, usually whenever I am
> stressing the VM system (by processing large files, or doing large
> builds, etc.).
Stressing the VM subsystem with gcc is my usual RAM test method...
I recommend disassembling all the SIMMs and SIMM carrier modules,
cleaning them with compressed air and reassembling them. Make sure that
all connectores are well seated. Sometimes this does wonder on old
machines.=20
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
         Jochen