Subject: Re: memtest for alpha?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Arabie <randy@arabie.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/23/2002 07:47:07
--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

On Wednesday, 23 October 2002 at 15:40:20 +0200, Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.i=
t wrote:
>=20
> if I Were you I would use the test utility from the SRM console.
> When I had problem with memory it always came out doing a test from SRM
> console.

Thanks Rick.  I'll look into that.

> What make u think to have a memory problem ???
> I hope it's not a Bcache problem (As was in my situation).

Unexplained lockups and crashes.  One occurred this morning when I tried to=
=20
wget a 7MB file off the box.  Unfortunately, I was not able to preserve the
console messages.

I'm going to search through the logfiles to see if I can get some clues.

Thanks again for the tip.
--=20
Allons Rouler!
       =20