Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 on DEC 3000/300
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Lieven Dekeyser <lieven@zeus.rug.ac.be>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/18/2002 13:54:27
---
The frustration Windows users often experience is reflected in a
clickable link I found in Windows XP's online help: "I still can't scan."

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 10:12:38AM +0200, Lieven Dekeyser wrote:
>
> > I guess what I was asking is
> > wether the electrical signals from a PC mouse are the same as those of a
> > DEC mouse, so I could just attach the right connector to the PC mouse and
> > connect it to the DEC...
> No. PeeCee and (old) DEC rodents are completely different.
> You have to get a VSxxx mouse. (7 pin mini DIN connector)

Well, I have 5 VSXXX-AB tablets, but it seems X11 can't handle these
things. the mouse moves in a very strange way: if I just move the puck,
the cursor moves to the bottom left of the screen. if I hold down one of
the buttons and then move the mouse, it moves either horizontally,
vertically or diagonal... I guess this is because the tablet sends an
absolute position to X11, and X11 thinks this is a mouse delta or
something...

Has anyone ever tried to get a tablet to work with X11 on NetBSD alpha ?

--Lieven