Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 on DEC 3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Lieven Dekeyser <lieven@zeus.rug.ac.be>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/17/2002 21:05:45
> > Next step: getting X11 to run...
> Hmm. If I remember right, all I had to do to get X working with my
> 600/PMAGB-B running 1.6 was to type "startx".

aaah... here too, but the fist time I tried it, the cursor device wasn't
connected. For some reason, X just froze... now it runs ok.

The only problem I have left now, is my "cursor device": a tablet about
40cm x 40cm with a mouse-like device attached to it. The mouse has 4
buttons in different colors, and no mouseball but an electro-magnet I
guess..

It used to work with X11 on OpenVMS, where it was used with the GDS CAD
system. Has anyone experience getting strange cursor devices to work with
X11 on DEC 3000 ?

If not, would it be hard to get a peecee mouse to work with those
machines?

--Lieven