Subject: Re: DEC 3000 Memory
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/17/2002 11:20:12
On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 10:52:07AM +0200, Mark Ter Morshuizen wrote:

> My 3000-600S runs (well walks) with 32 MB RAM.
> It uses very odd oversize simms which don't seem to be available _anywhere_.
Yes. They are special DEC SIMMs. AFAIK this SIMMs where only used in
the DEC 3000 [45]00 line of machines.

> Does anybody know where I can get some more (at a reasonable price of
> course.)
ePay? I ePayed a DEC 3000 500 memory board with 8 SIMMs
(4 x 4 MB + 4 x 8 MB) for a few EUR. I plan to get thre other
memory boards from a 500 to extend the capacity of my 600.
(The desk top machines like the 600 has memory boards that
can take 4 SIMMs, the tower machines like the 500 can take
8 SIMMs per memory board.)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen