Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 on DEC 3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/16/2002 15:05:30
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 03:41:01PM +0300, jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com wrote:

> Unless he's "lucky" enough to have these:
> sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <DEC, RZ28D    (C) DEC, 0010> ...
> I've got plenty of those 2GB Barracudas, some are just fine but some
> are louder than chainsaws.
He, I have a 2 GB and a 4GB Barracuda of that type. Really the
loudest 3,5" drive I heard ever.

> I'd like to see (hear) a big raid-array made of those...
Hmm. I think about a wall made from SA800 filled with RA90...

> Granted, I've switched my AS600 and AS500 to something more quiet (Fireballs
> I think) and left the 'cudas to my closet-vax.
I put my machines _allways_ in a separate room. It is no problem
to have 10 m or 15 m cable extensions with good cables. (RG59 for
video e.g.) Some of my machines like the PWS 500au or the Bull
Escala (7 fans) can't be silent by design. ;-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen